The process of installing Xcode on your computer either via App Store or iTunes is a bit different than it is on a Mac. However, it turns out that there’s a simple solution to this problem.
We are all aware that building and testing apps on your Android device is way too easy. It takes just one click and your app is ready to be uploaded to the Google Play Store. However, building an app on a Windows or Mac computer is a totally different story. You need to download and install a bunch of different tools, which can be tricky to handle.
If you want to develop iOS apps on Windows devices, download Xcode for Windows PC/Laptop and start developing iOS apps on Windows or Mac.
Xcode is called an IDE (integrated development environment) and is also known as a macOS-only program. It is used to design, build and host or publish iOS applications. It includes tools to get your app or game into the Apple App Store, version control, documentation, debugger, interface builder, code editor, Swift and more.
XCode for Windows-Example
Content of this article
What is XCode?
Xcode can provide input assistance for creating iOS apps and only works on Mac OS. This can be a problem for Windows users. If you prefer to use the iOS app on a Windows PC, but can’t afford a laptop with a pre-installed Mac OS or PC.
As with the Windows platform, Apple will never allow its operating system to be used by other computer manufacturers. Mac OS can only be used on a Mac system. When you purchase a Mac computer or laptop, the license you receive may be approved only for use with Apple hardware that supports the Mac operating system. This restriction applies only to the development of applications on Mac OS.
- Title of the application : XCode for Windows
- File size : 8.1 GB
- Region: USA
- Language : English language
- Console: Windows
The following is a list of the various functions offered by the Xcode application on a Windows PC:
Use the Xcode editor to debug the application directly. Place the cursor on an available variable to see its contents. Right-click or use the quick view feature to view the data in the checklist.
XCTest APIs simplify user access to create functionality test blocks and can run on Simulator, iPhone, iPad and Mac.
The iOS SDK (Software Development Kit) in Xcode allows you to build, install, run, and debug Cocoa Tough applications. It is based on an optimized development workflow and is tested on Mac-based simulators.
Establishment of integral interface
Without using any script or code, you can test or develop a user interface. Use the Xcode editor for the prototype and the GUI to update the same in the source code.
Users can browse and find all required documents using the API and Development Reference Viewer or the help section.
This professional editor can write scripts or code with errors, display bubble warnings, syntax highlighting, code minimization, advanced code completion and even other contextual information on the line.
Installing Xcode on a Windows PC – System requirements
Before installing the Xcode application on a Windows operating system, you should know the following basic helper requirements:
- Hardware virtualization
- The minimum amount of RAM should be 2 GB, but 4 GB or more is recommended.
- Intel dual-core processor or higher
- The Xcode package must be downloaded from the Apple App Store. Sign in with your Apple ID to load the Xcode executable.
- A virtual machine (Mac OS X) with VirtualBox or VMware.
Professional application developers always prefer to buy Apple hardware with a Developer ID for applications and OS X. Xcode can be used on Apple hardware before testing the application on a real Apple machine. Since we are using VirtualBox to install the Xcode application on a Windows PC, it is important to use a virtual machine with Mac OS X running. If you don’t have VirtualBox installed, it is much easier to download the application from one of the free open source sites.
Downloading Xcode to a Windows PC or Laptop – Installation procedure
You can follow the instructions below to install the Xcode application on your Windows PC or laptop to use the iOS SDK (Software Development Kit):
Download for Mac
- Firstly, you need to download and install VirtualBox or VMware for Windows PC from one of the reliable sources or websites.
- Then download and install the OSX Mavericks ISO file, just like a virtual machine.
- In Oracle VirtualBox you need to create a new virtual machine.
- Go to the virtual block and click on the New icon.
- Select your new preferred operating system from the drop-down menu. Give as an example B. Name : OSX, OS Type : Mac OSX, and version : Mac OS X 32-bit, and then click the Next icon.
- Select the memory size for the new virtual machine. Running Windows PC on an Android device requires 1 GB of RAM (1024 MB). When you have selected the memory size for your computer, click the Next icon.
- Select and create a virtual hard disk file type. The file type for the hardware can be VirtualBox Disk Image (VDI) and click the Next icon.
- When processing an ISO image, it is recommended to choose the VDI format.
- The Physical Disk option must be enabled as Dynamically Assigned. The size and location of the Android file should match the physical hard drive of your device, then click Create.
- After successfully creating a virtual machine to use with VirtualBox. Now you need to mount the ISO file you downloaded earlier. Go to Memory in the Settings menu. Now download the ISO file and click on the start icon.
- Follow the instructions in the executable file to install OSX using the wizard and to install OSX on Oracle Virtual Box.
- Open VirtualBox and use the Safari browser to go to the official Apple App Store website. Sign in with your Apple account details using your Apple ID and correct account password.
- After successful registration, enter the keyword Xcode in the search field to find the entire package. Select the appropriate Xcode application from the available list and download it to your system.
- Click on the OK icon to download the installation kit.
- Once this is done, you can open the applications successfully. Root credentials are required to change system settings or to gain permissions to install Xcode components. Enter your account details and click on the Ok icon.
Running an Xcode application
- First, open a terminal in the Apple virtual machine.
- Enter the code below to set the desired resolution.
/vmware-resolutionSet 1920 1080′.
Your Apple desktop should now be much more user-friendly. You can now purchase and download a copy of Sketch from the App Store.
- Here, simply open the macOS Sierra virtual machine and select the Apple icon in the top left corner.
- Select the App Store and perform any system updates listed there.
- Find Xcode and select Get. Have it downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Xcode includes everything you need to create great apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.
- To test or run apps on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch, all you need is a free Apple ID.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Question 1) Is it safe to use XCode?
Answer: Xcode is 100% safe to use.
- Question 2) Do I have to pay to download Xcode?
Answer: No, you don’t have to pay a cent to download XCode.
- Q3) Where can I download XCode directly to my Mac?
Answer: To download XCode, follow the link below
Xcode is now successfully installed on your Windows computer running VMware Workstation and desktop virtualization software. Xcode SDK (Software Development Kit) helps you install Xcode with an application development program on your laptop or Windows PC.
With this user-friendly interface, you will be able to create better applications or even new projects. Since this program runs on Windows, the speed and performance of the Xcode application will not be extremely high. If you have benefited from this article, please feel free to share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for choosing OM Geeky. Check omgeeky.com for updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I see my downloads?
You can view your downloads by logging into your account and clicking on the “Downloads” tab.
How do downloads work?
A download is a digital download of the product. You can download the product to your computer, or you can download the product to your mobile device. What are the differences between a download and a physical product? A download is a digital download of the product. A physical product is a tangible product that you can hold in your hands.
Why do you download?
I download because I like to listen to music. I download because I like to watch movies. I download because I like to play video games. I download because I like to read books. I download because I like to listen to radio. I download because I like to watch TV shows. I download because I like to watch TV. I download because I like to watch TV on my computer. I download because I like to watch TV on my phone. I download because I like to watch TV on my tablet.
download youtubedownload videodownload musicdownload appdownload whatsappdownload game,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Microsoft Teams,Microsoft OneDrive,Slack,Microsoft Office,Microsoft OneNote,Evernote,See more,my downloads,download app,download video,download game,download software,download teams,download movies,download games