Microsoft’s new store for Windows 10 users is the most logical way to get apps and games—and many of them are free. It is a great way to try out new apps, and to install the ones you want. Here is how to install the Microsoft Store on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Since the launch of Windows 8, Microsoft has slowly been expanding its own app store, trying to simplify the process of installing apps from a single source, while moving away from the fragmented ecosystem of third party app stores. Now that the Windows Store is finally out of beta, it seems that Windows 10 devices will finally be able to install all retail apps from a single source, bringing all the benefits of the new store alongside the features you already enjoy, such as automatic app updates.
Loredana Harsana Editor-in-Chief
Loredana is a writer with a passion for hardware and technology. She started writing about mobile phones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was at the top of the… Read more
- There seem to be some reports about the new Microsoft Store in Windows 11.
- After installing Windows 11 version 22000.51, users complained that the application was not found.
- You should know that this preliminary version of the new operating system does not come with a pre-installed store.
- Fortunately, you can easily install it with a few settings from the current version of the program.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
You’ve already heard, read and seen everything about Microsoft’s new operating system, Windows 11, and what it will bring us in October.
And if you’re as excited as everyone else, you’ve already installed and tested Windows 11 version 22000.51 to see for yourself what it’s all about.
Microsoft has already stated that this preliminary version will be slightly different from the final version and that some features will be missing.
If you were particularly interested in the new Microsoft Store, you should know that this early version of Windows 11 does not come pre-installed.
However, there are ways to install a new Microsoft Store application. Just follow the steps in this quick guide. It would be good to bookmark this page for future Insider releases of the new OS.
How do I set up my first Microsoft Store preview?
1. Hand Loader Update
- Go to the search bar, search for Microsoft Store and click to open it.
- Press the three dots in the corner of the screen.
- Select Downloads and Updates.
- Click the Get Updates button.
- The system now checks for updates for all applications, including those in the Microsoft Store. Note that the Store application will automatically close when the update process is completed.
2. Enable automatic magazine update
- Open the Microsoft Store from the search bar.
- Press the three dots in the corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Press the toggle switch to enable application updates.
- From now on, applications and future updates of the new Microsoft Store application should be installed automatically.
If you follow these steps, you will enable automatic storage updates, and all future updates will be downloaded automatically as soon as they are ready, so you don’t have to worry about them manually.
We encourage you to take a closer look at the new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and discover all the new features, applications, and more.
For all the differences and improvements that the final version of the new operating system will have, check out our full article Windows 11 vs Windows 10.
Do you have any comments, questions or suggestions? What do you think of the new Microsoft Store? Feel free to use the comments section below and let us know what you think.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manually install Microsoft store?
Microsoft store is not installed by default. You can manually install it by following the instructions here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/get-started
How do I get the Microsoft store back?
If you’re using Windows 10, you can open the Microsoft Store app and click the “Get Store” button.
How do I update the Microsoft store on my laptop?
A: You can update the Microsoft store on your laptop by going to the store, clicking on the “Updates” tab, and clicking on the “Check for Updates” button.
microsoft store windows 11 downloadmicrosoft store download for windows 10windows 11 release datemicrosoft store app download for pcmicrosoft store download for pcwindows 11 insider preview,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,microsoft store windows 11 download,microsoft store download for windows 10,windows 11 release date,microsoft store app download for pc,microsoft store download for pc,windows 11 insider preview,is windows 11 free,microsoft store update